Provençal markets are an amazing place to shop for everything from fresh produce, cheese, bread, fish and meats to clothing and cookware. But perhaps most importantly they are a place to meet each week to catch up with friends, engage in some gossip, and if you are lucky, ditch les enfants for a few hours.
If you would like to indulge your daily obsession, below is a list of the markets near our Little House in France (links to the Beyond.fr website for more information on each village).
Be sure to arrive early to get parking!
- Bédoin 84410 (Vaucluse) - Marché Provencal
- Vaison-la-Romaine 84110 (Vaucluse) - Marché
- Malaucène 84340 (Vaucluse) - Marché
- L' Isle-sur-la-Sorgue 84800 (Vaucluse)
- Carpentras 84200 (Vaucluse) - Provencal market, morning
- Apt 84400 (Vaucluse) - Marché - Morning
- Avignon 84000 (Vaucluse) - Marché Forain - Food Market; Rempart St Michel